Let's start them off on the right paw
Puppies need appropriate socialisation so they grow up to be confident happy dogs who can meet and greet other dogs and people in a positive way.
It is vital that this safe socialisation occurs between 6 and 16 weeks of age.
Puppy preschool is run at Noah's Ark Veterinary Services Medowie each month, one night a week for 4 weeks with the graduation night party held at Newcastle Pet Resort Cabbage tree road Williamtown on the last week
Puppy Preschool classes help develop the bond between owner and puppy.
The program aims to:
- Educate owners on socially responsible pet ownership, including heath care and nutrition
- Teach owners about normal and abnormal canine behaviour to develop realistic expectations of their puppy
- Teach owners humane training methods to enable them to train their puppy
- Allow puppies to socialise in a safe and controlled situation
- Help puppies accept gentle handling by other humans
- Problem solve issues within the class such as house training, mouthing, jumping up and chewing.