Integrative approaches to health and wellness
Chiropractic, Acupuncture & Massage
- These exciting modalities have been used at Noah's Ark for over 10 years.
- Dr Ilona is a qualified and experienced animal chiropractor and acupuncturist.
- Stacy is a qualified human and animal massage therapist as well as a qualified vet nurse.
- Many everyday injuries are managed incorporating these modalities including lameness, back pain, intervertebral disc disease, muscle tears and more.
- Sports medicine is an area of medical practice which deals with the treatment of injuries resulting from athletic activity.
- We deal with physical fitness and the treatment and prevention of injuries related to daily activity.
- All modalities are available for cats, dogs and horses.
- We currently treat military, working and sports dogs as well as performance horses.
- These are safe and effective forms of treatment that aim to identify the area of the body that is not working correctly and can be used in conjunction with regular medication.
- A rehabilitation program is incorporated in the management of all post-surgical cruciate ligament repairs and all other major surgical procedures.
- This service is offered for all species seen by Noah's Ark and we also receive regular referrals from outside clinics.
- Rehabilitation is the act of restoring something to its original state.
- We design programs to facilitate the process of recovery from injury, illness or disease to as normal a condition as possible and prevent the occurrence of further injury.
- Dr Ilona is currently involved in teaching the post-graduate Animal Biomechanical Medicine course.